Sunday, December 1, 2019

Shawna's Hot Tub Interviews: Isabelle Lauren, author of The Insatiable Jane Travers

Hello everyone, and welcome to my sexy Hot Tub! Every so often, I’m going to invite a very ravishing erotica author to join me in our tiny bikinis and discuss their books, a little bit of their writing processes, and maybe cop a feel or two. Like you'd expect anything else from me!

Today, I’m inviting the lovely and talented Isabelle Lauren to join me. This Friday, Dec. 6 marks the release of her debut novel, The Insatiable Jane Travers (currently on pre-order), and I wanted to expose her — and her book, get your heads out of the gutter — to my horny minions. She’s a wonderful lady, and I would hope you’ll pre-order and get ready to sink your eyes into her words.

Thanks for coming by, Isabelle, and I love that little red bikini of yours! It’s so cute the way it clings to your breasts. And do I see your nipples poking at the material? It’s either the cold air, or me.

Isabelle Lauren: It could be one. It could be the other. It could be both. And may I say, you’ve chosen the best Shiraz I’ve ever tasted!

Shawna Cummings: Of course! I love the reds, they pair well with a lot of things. Including your pair. So tell my readers/horny minions about yourself, and make sure you give us those sexy stats so they can fantasize about you while reading:

IL: I’m Isabelle, sex blogger and writer of sexy stories. I'm in my forties and loving this stage of my life as I just give less fucks by the minute. I am becoming more and more myself. As for sexy stats: I'm not sure my stats are that sexy — I am a C cup — but all my lovers (and those I have sent pictures to) all tell me my pussy is the most beautiful they've ever seen, so there's that.

SC: Looking over your Twitter profile, I see you’re a proud bisexual woman *proud bisexual woman hugs… shivers as our breasts rub together*. When did you discover your sexuality? How old were you? Who was the one person that really unlocked it, if anyone did? 

IL: Hmmm, I love how your breasts feel. Ehm, that was the question again? Oh yeah. I have always been equally attracted to men and women since I was about 20, but having grown up in quite a conservative household I never knew bisexual was a thing, and as I fell in love with my now-husband at quite a young age I just repressed my feelings of lust for women. I totally regret not being with more women before I got together with my husband, though! There was one particular woman who kissed me in a bar (in front of my husband and his friends) and she awakened all kinds of sexy feelings in me. Had it not been for my husband I would have totally let her have her way with me. She tasted like heaven and felt amazing. I don't think I'll ever forget her. I'll be on my death bed and scandalise my grandchildren talking about how I regret not sleeping with her.

I figured out I was bisexual about three years ago when I joined Twitter and started my sex blog and basically found out about the label bisexual. Everything shifted in place and I finally felt I had found home.

SC: How long have you enjoyed the written word? 

IL: I've been writing books and stories for nearly 30 years, but I didn't become serious or professional about my writing until about 8 years ago. I've written several novels before I realised I love writing erotic romance, so The Insatiable Jane Travers is my debut novel.

SC: Let’s talk a little about your book: I’ve pre-ordered it and I can’t wait for it to come — cum? — on my Kindle. Tell me a little something about the titular Jane Travers, what is her motivation? It seems like she’s got her heart being tugged in a few different directions. 


IL: Jane is very innocent and naive when she goes to Rachel's house. She wants to know a bit more about sex, but then discovers she absolutely LOVES sex and wants to do it all the time. I wanted a heroine who expects love, marriage, kids, but then finds out she is bisexual and learns to fit that into her life. At the end of the book Jane gets exactly what she wants (no spoilers, it's a romance so there is a happy ever after ending).

SC: You set this book in the Roaring 20s, nearly a century ago. What was it about this time period fascinated you about it, and just how much research did you have to do in order to get this time period to come to life for you? 

IL: I like the decadence of the era. Everyone had money, everyone partied all the time and sex was in abundance. The idea was inspired by a book I read in my youth (which has NO sex in it) and I always thought the time period was so sexy. And no, the book wasn't The Great Gatsby. I did have to do some research about the time period: watching some films, reading texts written in that time period, looking at pictures etc.

SC: Are there any future adventures with Jane planned, seeing as I know this is your first book? What else do you have planned for your writing? 

IL: I would love to write a sequel about Jane, but there are currently no plans yet. I've got a couple of other books in the pipeline which I want to finish off first. And I guess it also depends on how well The Insatiable Jane Travers does.

SC: One of the things I’ve noticed about you is that you’ve used your writing as a treatment for your personal mental health. Why is that, and do you think writing can help many people struggling with certain things? 

IL: My writing helps with my mental health in two ways. My fiction allows me to escape into a different world. A world where everything is the way I would like it to be. Doesn't mean that all my stories are without conflict (that would be boring!) but they allow me to escape. My sex blogging and my non-fiction allows me an outlet for my feminist rage. I can write my thoughts on certain subjects so my feelings don't fester, but are let out. I think writing can be good for anyone with mental health struggles. Doesn't have to be in a blog, even just using a journal and jotting down thoughts could help.

SC: OK, seeing as we’re in my hot tub… *takes my bikini top off, brings some water to my breasts, slides up next to you with my wine*… what turns Isabelle on? If a woman were to hit on you in the street, or at the supermarket, or at a Starbucks, how would she be able to seduce you? Would you be able to resist? And *giggles* would you tell hubby, or keep it to yourself? 

IL: Well, you turn me on, obviously, with those beautiful breasts of yours. You're making me lose focus like that! So what turns me on if a woman were to hit on me...? Confidence is a big turn on for me. Just be honest and open, and get to the point. I'm often too oblivious to know if someone is hitting on me -- haha! I would resist, though, however hard it may be, as I would be faithful to my hubby. If hubby wasn't in the picture, or had given me a free pass...well, we were talking earlier about a weekend away with friends (good food, good wine, and lots of sex together) and that would appeal to me more than a fling with a stranger.

I'm going to stay in the hot tub for a bit, I'm in no rush *grin*. I may make myself a bit more comfortable, as this bikini is becoming too restrictive. Hope you don't mind?

SC: I don’t mind at all! Thank you so much, Isabelle, for joining me in the hot tub today and talking about your book and your turn-ons. Now let me pour you some more wine….

You can pre-order The Insatiable Jane Travers for your e-reader -- and follow Isabelle on Twitter -- below!






No comments:

Post a Comment