Saturday, January 4, 2020

What the readers are saying about WATCHING HER TURN BI

It's been a touch over three weeks since I released my debut erotica novel, WATCHING HER TURN BI, and I'm overwhelmed by the response that the book has received in so little time. Over the first two and a half weeks that it had been available, I sold 51 copies. For me, that's a tremendous launch. And when I compare those 51 to the mainstream titles I sold in 2019, that short period ended up representing a smidge over 20 percent of my book sales for the entire year.

Read that sentence again.

And since the calendar flipped from 2019 to 2020, the sales have continued to come in.

I still think they could be better, though; I'm a natural pessimist, and even though I've sold X, I always think I can do better.

How to go about that? Without a large influx of advertising dollars, I have to do the next best thing -- and that's tell you what the readers, actual readers, are saying about my book. These are all paid purchases; no one received a free book in exchange for a review.

First, from Amazon:

Five stars on Amazon.co.uk: "This author definitely has a way with words, if your looking for a steamy read I can't recommend this book enough! Grab a glass of wine and make a night of it with Jenni and her story of self discovery."

Four stars on Amazon.com: "I really enjoyed this, definitely the threesome and foursome. The incident with the football player was really hot but I was expecting there to be more men in this based off of the title. While the MC is definitely Bi this story is more girl/girl action. Really hot girl/girl action. Would have given it five stars if it was closer to a 50/50 split."

Five stars on Amazon.com: "I read this to my hubby and it’s taken a while to get the whole book read, but it’s been fun! 😊 It’s a super hot read, extremely erotic! Shawna has hit all the points I like in these types of books! Definitely download worthy!"

Five stars on Amazon.com: "This is a great read. Good characters, sizzling story and some unexpected twists. One of the best!"

Curiosity piqued yet? No? OK, how about these on Goodreads:

Five stars: "This book was a hot, steamy read. I was squirming in my chair the whole time. I loved this book because the characters were well developed, the story was believable, the writing was evocative and beautiful, and the story took twists and turns I didn't expect. I highly recommend this fast-paced, high-intensity, coming-of-age story. The images it left planted in my brain are ones I return to frequently!"

Five stars: "Erotica books are usually a terrible read and I know I’m not the only one who thinks so. So when I find a good one, I feel like I should share it. This is only the 3rd GOOD erotica author I’ve found in all my reading years. You won’t be disappointed!"

Five stars: "Pick up this book and throw your pants away. You won’t need them until you’re done. My only complaint is that I wanted more! Shawna Cummings hit this one out of the park."

And -- I sense a pattern here -- five stars: "Brilliant erotica story with exquisite writing. Shawna’s way with words will definitely have you wanting more and more. If you’re looking for a panty soaker, this is the book for you."

See what I'm seeing? Seven 5-star reviews, and a 4-star review. All solid reading recommendations from readers just like Y.O.U.

But what about some tweets, too? Yes, some from fellow authors (authors are readers, too):

You know my dear friend Aleson Alexander; she writes this tweet about WATCHING:



And you know my dear friend Haven:










Ready to take the plunge into Jenni's story? You can buy it in digital or paperback at my website here.

And thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment