Friday, June 5, 2020

A quickie update, seeing it's been a while

So we're now in June, in case you didn't see the horde of murder hornets swarming about... and it has been a whirlwind few months for this author.

We've moved!

The wife and I bought a house at the end of March, and that was after losing one house in early February. Things happen for a reason, and a week after losing that house, we found the one I'm typing to you in. We did quite a bit of work over the first month-plus of being here -- we've been here a little over two months now -- and I was really raring to write as May elapsed, but....

My wife had a stroke

Without going into too many details, my bride woke me up having a seizure at 2 a.m. a few weeks ago, and thanks to COVID, I was unable to see her for two weeks, until she was discharged from the rehab hospital. She had a brain bleed as part of a rare stroke; so has no mobility issues, just word recall problems from time to time. I had planned on stopping all writing, from my regular job to writing erotica and other mainstream fiction projects, but that has eased up as I've seen her make wonderful strides in her recovery. We've also had so much in the way of kindness bestowed upon us, from old friends of mine DoorDashing me the day after -- I may have had my first cry of the whole thing then, mainly from the amount of food -- to my wife's colleagues taking care of two evening meals for us when she got home. Of course, so many of my horny minions checked in on me and my mental health, which I greatly appreciated.

I have started a new story

I have a couple of yummy updates to give, too: I've started another re-write, much in the way WATCHING HER TURN BI was, but instead of completely re-imaging the story, I'm only fixing things up. Removing the head-hopping, the passive voice, showing more instead of just telling... the story is fire now, and thoroughly panty-melting. I'm about 15,500 words into the story or thereabouts, and will probably finish in a week or so, depending on how things go (the wife can't drive right now, so I'm bringing her everywhere). I don't expect this story to be published until late July, but crazier things have happened. If you thought WATCHING was hot, you ain't seen nothing yet; I've been told it's Classic Shawna, which you know means soaking.

I also have published a couple of other books recently:

A DISCREET THREESOME (Kindle US/Kindle UK/Smashwords)


A hot little tale of a husband who wants his wife to indulge of another man, and the wife who turns the tables on him and wants to see him indulge in bisexual activities. Definitely not as long as WATCHING, but certainly as hot as my best seller.

SPOUSAL CONFESSIONS (Kindle US/Kindle UK/Smashwords)


Just released a month ago, SPOUSAL CONFESSIONS was a reader request as a love letter to the reader's wife. I added some fantasy elements to it, and it's a real hum-dinger of a story. The wife has been cheating on the husband with her boss... another woman. It just so happens the husband has a confession to make, too: he has known sex between himself and another male, and it turns her on to the point where she schedules a double date. What happens? You'll have to read, and yes, it's pretty scorching.

I know I haven't updated the website with these delicious books -- and seeing as I have another coming out soon, I really have to get on that -- but I will do that soon. One day at a time.

Of course, WATCHING HER TURN BI is still my No. 1 seller! You can get it for Kindle (US/UK) and Smashwords.


Owing reads

I know I owe a bunch of reads to fellow authors who have sent me snippets or even full MS's for feedback... I'm hoping to get to that this weekend. Again, my time is not my own in many respects, and I do have to write in order to put food on the table. Things have happened, so I'm hoping to get to that soon.

Hot Tub Interviews

Have you missed me getting wet -- hehe!! -- with a lovely lady erotica author? Well, I have a few lined up for the summer, so stay tuned to this space. I just need to do some reading, think up my questions, and get to interviewing them in a yummy bikini... or maybe even topless? I think we might do it topless.

Hope everyone is staying cool... and staying horny! Kisses and long, lovable sucks!

Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment