Sunday, October 27, 2019

Why, yes... it's a pseudonym: And I have my reasons

Allow me to be vulnerable for a moment of your time.

Yes, Shawna Cummings is a pseudonym. A pen name. A name with which I use to write and spin my saucy, steamy, panty-soaking and erection-starting tales. Some may think this isn’t a good look, using a pen name for erotica — but it actually is the best thing for a woman in my position.

Consider it: I could be a second shift nurse. I could be a high school teacher who signed a morality contract. I could be in city/town government and I don’t want a scandal in the newspapers. I could be a youth sports coach. I could be something else entirely.

I could be one of those. I could be none of them. Why does it matter?

Simply put, I use the pen name for privacy. My real life, away from Twitter and the sexy words I write, is -- and I can't say this strongly enough -- awash in haterade. Yes, I have haters in reality, and each of them would love to get to me — and my family, naturally; in other words, to destroy my life. I won’t let that happen. My reality and this world are both incredibly important to me. It’s why I will not share pics of myself, text, talk on the phone, meet up, any of that. My real world life is special, and I don’t want to jeopardize that.

So why even write erotica?

Answer: Because it’s freeing. It gives me a way to channel my sexual energies — at times, my sexual frustration; my Significant Other and I are incredibly busy people with opposite schedules, making regular sex impossible — onto the page. And I love hearing how my words turn someone on, how my words make them feel in their tenderest regions — or in their hardest regions. That’s the rush, that’s what makes it all worth it.

Why would I jeopardize that? It’s why I’ve taken painstaking steps to separate these lives I have. No one in my private/personal life save my S.O. knows that I write erotica. I’ve taken many steps to ensure privacy, and I would hope that no one tries to violate that.

Enjoy what I write, yes. Enjoy what I bring to the table. But please respect my privacy.

I’ll take some questions now.

Q: Are you male? You don’t want to share pictures.

A: I won’t even dignify that with a response. Go away, troll.

Q: What are your turn-ons?

A: A lot of things. Tiny breasts, large breasts, medium breasts (I do have a limit, though). Panties, thigh high stockings, beautiful lingerie. Catholic schoolgirls. Interracial relations. Consensual male on male contact. Consensual female on female contact. Beautiful eyes that I can stare into and get lost in. Shower sex. Beautiful transsexuals. Well-written erotic literature (gosh, so much poorly constructed tripe out there). Hedonism. Beautiful, well-sculpted men. Kindness. I could go on.

Q: Are you into cyber sex?

A: Only with the right person. And only during certain hours. And only after I’ve done some semblance of writing.

Q: What else do you enjoy doing?

A: Gardening, reading, watching sports on TV, cooking, painting (though I haven’t done it in a long time), running (after I, you know, make sure my girls are stabilized).

Q: Ha, watching sports! You’re a guy.

A: *rolls eyes* Women can watch and enjoy sports, too. Sports may be gender specific, but are gender neutral. In fact, the US women’s soccer team is AMAZING. Goddesses of sport. I’d lick each and every one of them. Some of them even twice (I’ll let you guess who; a girl needs to have her secrets). I know many women who enjoy watching sports, and can hold their own in a conversation about the game. And even destroy the men they’re conversing with while they are at it.

Q: How dark/secret is your Twitter account?

A: Very. It’s deep in the forest, where no one can find it. Enter at your own risk.

Q: If I email you, will you write back?

A: Of course! Time is always permitting, though. As long as you come at me with respect and treat me with dignity, I will respond back in kind. I will ask for patience, however. My time isn’t my own with respects to my private life.

(You can email me here. I like getting email.)

Q: Will you read my story and give me feedback if I’m not in your circle?

A: Depends. If I have time, I will. If not, I will politely decline. Please do not take it personally.

Q: I got So and So’s book for free. Can I get your book for free?

A: Maybe, if you’re nice enough. Or beg. Or you are a seductress with an ass to die for and wear thigh highs like they are no one’s business.

Q: Where are you located in the world?

A: In the ether. I’m everywhere. (Seriously, I’m in the northeast US. I’m probably your neighbor.)

Q: How old are you?

A: I’m a 42-year-old female. In 20 years, I will still be a 42-year-old female. (I want to be timeless. Don’t take this away from me.)

Q: Beer or wine?

A: Beer, preferably Samuel Adams or local brews, but I won’t say no to a chilled glass of merlot. Are you trying to get me drunk? Because I can be a naughty girl when I’m drunk. My panties come off when I'm drunk.

Q: What do you wear while writing?

A: During the winter, warm socks are a MUST. I’m usually in warm pajama pants from late September until early May, and then it’s shorts. Love wearing hoodies. Allows me comfort (hello, take that bra off!) and warmth. Both of those are essential for me to write well. Oh, and sometimes panties. Sometimes not.


No comments:

Post a Comment